The International Mobile Equipment Identity also referred to as IMEI, is a 15-digit number that serves as the mobile device’s identity certificate. This exceptional number is unchanging for each gadget and cannot be altered unless your phone is a counterfeit.
Every mobile user should note and retain their device’s unique IMEI number so that they can use it to trace cell phones when necessary.
If someone’s mobile phone is lost or stolen, the first thing he or she must do is call the service provider and request them to block your IMEI number. No one will be able to reach your device by text messages or calling if you block the IMEI number.
How Do I Find My Cell Phone’s IMEI Number
The IMEI number is your cell phone’s ID. Each device from a mobile phone network is usually assigned an individual IMEI number. Fortunately, such identification can help locate a lost or stolen mobile phone through its GPS position.
Let’s look at some options for getting your Android mobile phone’s IMEI number;
- Check Your Phone Box: The IMEI number, model number, barcode, and serial number are all imprinted on your mobile phone box. Therefore, try to locate your phone’s IMEI number from the mobile phone box.
- From Your Phone, simply dial *#06#: The quickest method to receive your phone’s IMEI number is to dial *#06# on your phone. A window will appear immediately after you call it from the intended device, displaying the IMEI information.
- Check Your Device’s Settings: The IMEI number for your phone may be found in the settings menu. Open “About Phone” from the Settings menu, then go to System/General. You can get information on your phone’s IMEI from here.
- Check Under Your Device’s Battery: The IMEI number is printed under the battery of Android devices. Simply remove the battery from your phone and examine it; you’ll discover the IMEI number there.
How to Locate a Lost Cell Phone Using IMEI Number that is Turned off
You should immediately notify your local law enforcement if you lose your phone. The IMEI number of a device may be tracked down by law enforcement with the aid of digital forensics experts to locate stolen or lost phones.
If you want to avoid involving law enforcement, there is another alternative. There are several IMEI tracking tools available on the internet’s online marketplace. Also, there are a few applications on Google Play that claim to deliver IMEI number tracking, but we’ll talk about “IMEI Tracker” instead.
Follow these guidelines:
- Select the Play Store option from your Android device’s menu.
- Look for the IMEI tracker – Find My Device Application.
- Then, select the Install option and Download the Application.
- After you download the application, you must add the phone numbers of your relied-upon individuals who the application may call when your device is stolen or misplaced.
- Note that, to keep your phone safe, you must always install the IMEI tracker on it.
- If you haven’t done so already, enter your phone’s IMEI number into the app to begin monitoring it.
- Surprisingly, the IMEI tracker software enables you to send a command from other mobile devices to your lost phone. The program will also provide you with the current geographical position of your lost phone right away.
Don’t panic if you don’t have your phone’s IMEI information. You can still use cell tracking software, such as WiSpy, to locate your phone’s IMEI.
How to Use the WiSpy Cell Phone Tracker to Locate a Cell Phone
All activities of the phone are tracked remotely by the WiSpy cell phone tracker, which is exclusively designed for that purpose. Whether you’re concerned about your kids’ real-time whereabouts or the current location of your staff, the WiSpy IMEI tracker app can help you track GPS position.
The application also provides you with a thorough list of your device’s past locations.
Follow these steps:
- Sign up for a subscription to the WiSpy.
- Install the WiSpy application on your target device.
- From a web-based control panel, track the location of your phone.
This software may be used to keep track of your cell phones. The best feature of the WiSpy application is that you may remotely turn off your stolen phone. Nobody can unlock a device without knowing the password.
How Are IMEI Numbers Tracked By Law Enforcement
The International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number is unique to each phone. This number may be used by the law enforcement agency to find your misplaced or lost phone. Even if you change your SIM, the IMEI number is still useful to law enforcement in tracking your phone to a specific or neighboring cell phone tower.
Is It Possible To Unblock An IMEI?
When you block your International Mobile Equipment Identity number, it will automatically be blacklisted, restricting you from using your phone from that moment forward. The device is typically disabled for security reasons such as theft. After the purpose is resolved, the blacklisted IMEI number may be legally unblocked.
How Can I Locate My Phone Using Google Maps?
You may use the ‘Find My Device‘ application and Google Maps to track down your phone. However, before it is misplaced, you must have downloaded the software.
To access your Google account, log in to it using a computer or other devices if your phone is stolen. Open Google Maps and go to the menu. Select “Your Timeline” from the drop-down menu. Now, add in the date to see your device’s previous location history on that day.
The IMEI number, which is embedded on the phone and can be altered by hackers with specialist equipment, is difficult but not impossible to change. After it has been changed, the network no longer recognizes a phone as belonging to the same user.
Get familiar with your IMEI number ahead of time, and don’t wait until it’s too late after your phone has been stolen or gotten lost. As soon as possible, report your IMEI number to the authorities and request that all services be terminated for your missing phone.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Even if your phone’s battery is drained or data has been disabled, you can still discover it. As long as your iPhone isn’t shut off, the Bluetooth locating function will assist you to find it.
With Google Location History, which is currently referred to as “Timeline”, you may find a misplaced mobile phone that has been shut off. In addition, the phone must be linked to your Google account and have been online before it was switched off.
If you are on Airplane mode, no one will be able to track your location.
Yes, robbers can use a gadget called a “flasher” to modify the IMEI number of stolen phones. It’s a tiny, highly sophisticated gadget that allows you to change the IMEI number on your phone by connecting it to a computer. It is usually difficult to recover a lost cell phone once the IMEI number has been changed.