Are you looking for internet deals for your home or business? In 2023, internet service providers (ISPs) seem determined to burst the gigabit download speed limit. Those that have managed to do so offer attractive pricing tiers, making their deals irresistible.
However, better download speeds don’t always imply that your internet deal has a good upload speed. Some existing deals are so skewed that users may struggle to upload large files.
The disparity between download and upload speeds for residential internet shouldn’t mean a lot. However, the two speeds should be at par for reliable business internet. With that, a business can carry out its operations without downtime.
So, what are the best internet deals for 2023? This article discusses internet deals from eight top ISPs in the United States. But, first, a distinction between home and business internet.
- The best internet deals for 2023 are based on the pricing as well as the download and upload speeds.
- Some of the available internet deals come with gigabit download and upload speeds, making them suitable for home and business use.
- When shopping for internet deals, beware of options with contract requirements, data caps, and equipment rental fees.
Difference Between Residential and Business Internet
The internet is a critical tool for communication, work, and completing business transactions. You may have residential or business internet, depending on your needs. But what exactly is the difference between residential and business internet?
While residential internet is meant for use at home, business internet is for business use. With most service providers, residential internet can be slower and more affordable. On the other hand, business internet has more features and higher speeds and is mainly for conducting business.
Here are the main differences between home internet and business internet:
- Internet Speed: Residential internet has low speeds, between 1Mbps and 25Mbps. For business internet, the speed ranges from 1,000Mbps to 2,000Mbps. Businesses need high internet speeds to deal with customers, hold meetings with clients, and perform other general operations.
- IP Address: Residential internet may have a dynamic IP address, while busines internet has a static IP. Static IP addresses are more secure and reliable, providing businesses with server-hosting infrastructure. On the other hand, a dynamic IP can change at any time and is less stable and secure.
- Bandwidth Allocation: Business internet typically provides a dedicated bandwidth allocation, improving the capacity and security of the connection. Since it’s shared among neighbors, home internet may experience downtime during peak hours.
8 Best Internet Deals from Top Providers
When looking for the best internet deals, it’s always good to look beyond the price. Instead, you should focus on the reliability and speed of the connection. An internet connection, reliable download, and upload speeds, and excellent customer service are always best.
Check them out below:
With over 100M subscribers to the Xfinity service, Comcast is one of the major internet service providers in the United States. It offers internet plans with blazing internet speeds of up to 1,200Mbps. For business customers, the Comcast Xfinity internet plans offer maximum speeds of 3Gbps.
Here is a summary of the Xfinity internet deals you can get today:
- Xfinity Connect: For $19.99 per month, you’ll get 50Mbps download speed and the ability to connect at most five devices. On this deal, Xfinity Flex is free.
- Xfinity Connect More: This home internet deal offers download speeds of up to 100Mbps and allows simultaneous connection of up to 10 devices for $49-99 per month. It also provides Xfinity Flex free of charge.
- Xfinity Gigabit: For $79.99 per month, you’ll get blazing download speeds of 1,200Mbps and connect over 50 devices simultaneously. Xfinity Flex is available for free on this internet plan.
- Xfinity has blazing internet speeds
- Provides reliable internet connectivity always
- Its services are available nationwide
- It comes with many bundling options
- It can be expensive
- Works with data caps
- Unavailable in rural areas
META: Thanks to its blazing internet speeds of up to 1,200Mbps, Xfinity’s internet deals are best for home and business use.
AT&T has one of the lowest costs per Mbps, making it very affordable. Thus, renting AT&T equipment and connecting to the internet will cost only 10 cents per Mbps on the fiber network. It also has blazing internet speeds of up to 5Gbps. Besides, JD Power ranks AT&T on top for excellent customer satisfaction.
Here are some of the most attractive AT&T internet deals today:
- AT&T Internet 300: For $55 per month, you’ll get AT&T internet equipment and enjoy up to 300Mbps in download speeds. This package best suits large file sharing, online gaming, and HD video streaming.
- AT&T Internet 500: This deal costs $65 per month and provides AT&T equipment and download speeds of up to 500. You can use it to share large files, stream HD videos, and play video games.
- AT&T Internet 1000: For $80 per month, you’ll get AT&T equipment and download speeds of up to 940Mbps. The deal is ideal for the home office, professional gamers, and connected smart homes.
- Provides fast internet speeds
- There are no data caps with AT&T internet
- AT&T deals are on a no-contract basis
- Its pricing is fair enough
- Limits equipment to only AT&T devices
- Lacks premium sports access
META: AT&T has the best internet deals of up to 5Gbps, which are perfect for home and business use. Besides, its pricing is lower than most other ISPs.
Spectrum offers some of the fastest download speeds at 200 to 1,000Mbps. Given that its network is all over the United States, you should be able to find it near your location.
However, you may have to search its website using your ZIP code to know the availability of Spectrum network in your location. Therefore, you can use it to stream 4K videos, download large files, and connect all your smart devices.
Here are some of the Spectrum internet deals you can get today:
- Spectrum Internet: For $49.99 per month, Spectrum subscribers get download speeds of up to 300Mbps and unlimited data. This internet deal has upload speeds of up to 10Mbps. It is ideal for video streaming and video gaming.
- Spectrum Internet Ultra: For $69.99, you’ll get download speeds of up to 500Mbps and upload speeds of up to 20Mbps. The deal is ideal for video streaming, gaming, and running smart devices.
- Spectrum Internet Gig: With a monthly fee of $89.99, you’ll enjoy blazing internet speeds of 1,000Mbps and upload speeds of 30Mbps. This unlimited data plan is perfect for running a smart home and streaming 4K videos.
- Good pricing for most internet speeds
- Requires subscribers to sign no contracts
- It has no data caps
- Speeds could be slower than advertised
- There are complaints of poor customer service
META: Spectrum internet deals are available in many locations across the United States, making it possible to download large files and stream 4K videos.
Verizon is one of the most popular ISPs in America, ranking number one (tied with AT&T) in the customer satisfaction index. Through Verizon Fios internet, customers can get gigabit speeds with uploads nearly matching downloads.
Verizon has a fairly stable pricing regime, and the internet is available at no-contract arrangements. There are no data caps on Verizon internet deals.
Here is an outline of three Verizon Fios internet deals:
- 300 Mbps Plan: For $24.99 per month for 5G mobile internet or $49.99 per month for Fios fiber internet, you can download photos, movies, and TV shows. The Internet speed is up to 300Mbps. Besides router rental, you also get a free Amazon Echo Dot and a $100 discount on Stream TV Soundbar.
- 500 Mbps Plan: The 5G mobile plan goes for $44.99 per month, while the Fios internet plan is worth $69.99 per month. It has download speeds of up to 500Mbps. Besides router rental, you get a free Amazon Echo Show and a $200 discount on a Stream TV soundbar.
- 1 Gig Plan: The 1Gbps plan is suitable for the home office and operation of smart devices. The 5G mobile option costs $64.99 monthly, while Fios fiber internet starts at $89.99. It offers download speeds of up to 940 Mbps. The price includes router rental with whole-home Wi-Fi. You get Amazon Echo Show 10 free and a $300 discount on the Stream TV soundbar.
- Provides nationwide coverage
- Variety of phones and plans
- Offers high-speed hotspot data
- Includes great streaming perks
- Internet plans are fairly expensive
META: With Verizon Fios internet deals, you get matching gigabit download and upload speeds ideal for smart home operations, streaming HD videos, and multiplayer gaming.
CenturyLink is a DSL internet provider that reaches customers in over 37 states. It offers impressive download and upload speeds, ranging between 200Mbps and 940 Mbps.
The CenturyLink 1Gbps plan is more affordable (at 7 cents per Mbps) than AT&T. CenturyLink has the best internet deals in 2023 since it doesn’t need you to sign a contract. Similarly, it has no data caps.
Here is a sample of three of the available CenturyLink internet deals:
- Price for Life 100: On this deal, you get download speeds of up to 100Mbps and upload speeds of up to 12Mbps for $50 per month. However, there is a $15 one-off charge for modem/router rental.
- Quantum Fiber 360: For $70 per month, CenturyLink subscribers get internet speeds of up to 940 Mbps. This plan includes Wi-Fi at no extra charge. Modem/router rental is optional and comes at an extra $15. That means you can use your own router/modem on this network.
- Quantum Fiber 200: For $50 per month, you will get download and upload speeds of up to 200Mbps. Like the other plans from CenturyLink, you’ll need to pay an extra $15 for modem/router rental.
- Provides unlimited data on all internet plans
- Its prices are enduring
- No-contract internet deals
- Download speeds might not be as advertised
META: With CenturyLink internet deals, you do not need to sign up for expensive contracts. Besides, you get a 1Gbps offer that’s more affordable than most others.
Optimum also has some of the best internet deals, especially regarding download and upload speeds. Its internet plans are designed for those who want to work from home and have their smart devices connected. Optimum has no contract requirements or data caps on all its internet plans.
The following are some of the Optimum internet plans you will find on the market today:
- Optimum 300: For $30 per month for 24 months, you get download speeds of 300Mbps. The upload speed is up to 20Mbps. It is ideal for streaming HD videos and gaming on multiple devices. The plan costs $40 per month without the mobile plan. Pricing may vary by location and may increase due to additional fees.
- Optimum 500: The Optimum 500 data deal is available for $50 per month for 24 months. Without the mobile plan, you will pay $60 per month. It provides download speeds of 500Mbps and upload speeds of 20Mbps. However, you may be required to pay some additional fees.
- Optimum 1 Gig: For $65 per month for 24 months, you will enjoy download speeds of up to 940Mbps and upload speeds of up to 35Mbps. If you opt for the option with no mobile plan, you will pay $80 per month. Besides changes in pricing based on location, this plan may also have additional fees.
- No contracts
- No data caps
- Some areas have a free Wi-Fi extender
- Arbitrary increase in rates
- Requires payment of equipment rental fees
META: Although Optimum data deals provide impressive download speeds, they may include arbitrary increases in fees and equipment rental fees.
7. Google Fiber
Google Fiber is another viable option for procuring home or business internet. However, the service is available only in a few areas. The good thing about Google Fiber is its blazing internet speeds of up to 2Gbps.
So, it is the best option to find it in your location. Furthermore, the pricing for the Google Fiber internet plans is quite affordable.
The following are some of the available Google Fiber internet deals:
- Google Fiber 1 Gig Plan: The 1Gbps plan is available for $70 per month. It offers download and upload speeds of up to 1,000Mbps. This plan has no data cap, contract, or equipment cost. It is one of the best internet deals at 7 cents per Mbps.
- Google Fiber 2 Gig Plan: For $100 per month, you’ll enjoy download speeds of 2,000Mbps and upload speeds of 1,000Mbps. The deal has no contract, data cap, or equipment cost. This deal is even cheaper at 5 cents per Mbps.
- Google Webpass: For $63 per month on a yearly plan or $70 per month, you can get download speeds of up to 1,000Mbps and 1,000Mbps to upload speeds. This deal requires no contract and has no data cap or equipment cost.
- Reliably fast internet speeds
- Affordable pricing
- No contracts
- No data caps
- No installation fees
- Limited availability
- Expensive equipment cost
META: Although Google Fiber internet deals are available in a few cities, the 2Gbps download speed is most desirable for home and business users.
One of the reasons why Cox should be top on your priority list is its elaborate offer of gigabit download speeds in all its locations. However, it has data caps, which might limit your internet usage. Also, its prices are a little higher than Spectrum and Xfinity.
The following are three of the available Cox internet deals:
- Cox Ultimate Internet: For $69.99 per month for 12 months, Cox offers download speeds of up to 500Mbps and upload speeds of up to 10Mbps. You can use it to connect over five devices and stream HD video. The package comes with a free Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Cox Preferred Internet: For $157.99 per month, you get download speeds of up to 250Mbps and upload speeds of 10Mbps. This deal also provided over 140 Contour TV channels and HD quality of A&E, HGTV, and ESPN. Plus, you can make unlimited calls on your Cox telephone line.
- Cox Internet Essential: This plan goes for $49.99 per month for 12 months and provides download speeds of up to 100Mbps and upload speeds of up to 10Mbps. It is suitable for limited internet browsing, video streaming, and gaming.
- Provides bundled deals
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Gigabit speeds
- It has some no-contract offers
- It has data caps
- May have extra charges
META: Despite gigabit download speeds, Cox internet deals may experience data caps limiting usage and affecting reliability.
Many Internet service providers have joined the gigabit bandwagon, allowing customers to enjoy 1Gbps download speeds on their home and business internet deals. While some ISPs match the download and upload speeds head-to-head, others have huge variations between the two.
Apart from speed, pricing is also important when choosing an internet plan. The best internet deals and affordable, have no data caps, and require no contract. The location also matters.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Yes, you can use residential internet for business. However, that’s not a good idea since home internet tends to have many downtimes, which may cost your business in terms of reputation. Therefore, you should strive to get reliable business internet for that purpose.
Business internet is more expensive because it is faster and more reliable than home internet. Besides, business internet is more secure since it utilizes a static IP address, and business internet providers provide customer support 24/7.