Browsing the Internet on a Vizio Smart TV is easy using both WiFi and Ethernet connections. Once connected to WiFi or Ethernet, you can access websites, stream video, and more. This guide will discuss everything you need to know. We’ll also answer some questions like how to search the web, add apps, and what to do if browsing isn’t working. With just a few steps, you’ll unlock the full capabilities of your Vizio Smart TV and be browsing your favorite sites in no time.
3 Best Methods to You Can Browse The Internet On Vizio Smart TV.
Method 1: Using WiFi Connection
The first step is making sure your Vizio TV is connected to your home WiFi network. Here’s how:
1. Go to the TV Settings Menu
Press the “Menu” button on your Vizio remote and select the option for “Network” in the TV settings menu.
2. Select Your WiFi Network
In the network settings, you will see a list of available WiFi networks. Select the name of your home WiFi network and enter the password when prompted.
3. Test the Connection
Once connected, do a quick test by loading any web page or internet connected app on your TV. This will verify you are connected to the internet.
Method 2: Using Ethernet Connection
- Plug ethernet cable into port on back of TV.
- Press the menu button on the remote.
- Go to the network settings menu.
- Choose the “Wired Connection” option.
- Select automatic or manual IP address.
- Test if connection works.
Method 3: Using the Vizio SmartCast Home Screen
Vizio’s SmartCast platform is the gateway to internet streaming and web browsing on your TV.
Here’s an overview of the main SmartCast home screen:
- Streaming Apps: The top row shows apps like Netflix, Hulu, YouTube and more. Select any app icon to launch it.
- Web Browser Icon: Select the globe icon labeled “Vizio Internet Apps Plus” to launch the built-in web browser.
- App Dock: The bottom row shows your most recently used apps and inputs.
- App Launcher: Select the icon in the lower right to see all your SmartCast apps.
How to Browse Vizio Smart TV
1. Using The Remote
Vizio TV remotes have arrow keys, an OK/Enter button, and a back button for basic web browsing.
Here are some key tips for using the remote on web pages:
- Use the arrow keys to highlight links or page elements.
- Press OK/Enter to select a link or text box.
- Use the back button to go back to a page.
- Use the remote side-to-side to scroll horizontally on a web page.
- Use the number row (1-9) to highlight specific links.
2. Using the On-Screen Keyboard
When a web page needs text input – like in a search box or form – an on-screen keyboard will appear.
Here are some tips for using it:
- Use the arrow keys to highlight a key then press OK to enter it.
- Select the shift key to access capital letters and symbols.
- Use the delete key at the bottom to erase incorrect letters.
- Select the smiley face key to access emojis and special characters.
- Choose the microphone icon to use voice typing.
Handy Web Browsing Tips
Here are some additional tips for the best web browsing experience on your Vizio Smart TV:
- Bookmark frequently visited sites using the bookmark icon in the browser.
- Clear the browser history and cookies occasionally to keep things running smoothly.
- Disable notifications from websites for a distraction free browsing experience.
- Use the zoom feature in browser settings to enlarge web page text.
- Adjust browser privacy settings to your comfort level.
- Turn off SmartCast auto-updates to avoid interruption while browsing.
- Sit 6-8 feet away for comfortable viewing of web pages.
Troubleshooting Internet Issues on a Vizio TV
- Reset Network Settings – From the TV settings menu, find the network options and select “Reset” or “Reset to Factory Defaults”. Then re-setup your wired or wireless connection from scratch.
- Renew IP Address – On your wireless router admin page (192.168.1.1 typically), find the option to renew or release the DHCP IP address issued to your TV. This may refresh internet connectivity.
- Update Router Firmware – An outdated router firmware version can cause connectivity issues. Log into your router’s admin page and check for any available firmware update.
- Change DNS Servers – Switch the Vizio TV DNS server settings from your ISP’s DNS to public ones like Google DNS (126.96.36.199). This often resolves internet issues.
- Check for Obstructions – Make sure the WiFi signal path is clear between your router and Vizio TV. Large objects, thick walls and distances over 50 feet degrade signal.
- Reboot the Modem/Router – Power cycle your modem and router by unplugging them from power for 20 seconds. This clears any cached connection data.
- Contact ISP Support – For persistent internet problems on your TV beyond basic fixes, contact your internet provider’s tech support for assistance.
Following this guide, you should now be able to easily access the internet, navigate web pages, and stream content on a Vizio Smart TV. Key steps include connecting to WiFi, launching the browser app, using the remote and on-screen keyboard, bookmarking sites, and adjusting settings.
With Vizio’s SmartCast platform, you can enjoy top streaming apps and browse the web right from your living room. Just connect your new Vizio TV to WiFi, settle into your couch, and start surfing.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can I browse the web on my Vizio Smart TV?
Yes, Vizio Smart TVs come with built-in web browsing capabilities. Once connected to the internet, you can access websites directly through the web browser app.
How do I get Google on my Vizio Smart TV?
1. Press the VIZIO button on your remote. 2. This will launch SmartCast 3. TV Home on your TV. 4. Navigate to the top menu and select "Extras." 5. Click "OK." 6. Highlight and select "Google Assistant."7. Follow the onscreen instructions. 8. Add your TV to your myVIZIO account.
How do I search the web on my smart TV?
Use the remote to select the search or address bar in the TV's web browser app. An on-screen keyboard will appear to enter search terms and URLs.
How do I get Safari on my Vizio smart TV?
Safari is only available on Apple devices. Vizio TVs use apps like Chromecast for web browsing functionality. You can cast web content from an iPhone or iPad Safari browser to the TV.
Why can't I browse on my smart TV?
Your smart TV might not support full browsing due to limited built-in browser capabilities or restrictions set by the manufacturer to optimize performance and user experience on larger screens.