There are varied categories on unlocked phones which are easily compatible with mobile virtual network operators but are provided by Total Wireless. In addition, total Wireless has offered an opportunity to any of their phone subscribers who would like to convert to another phone career to unlock their phones. The process is not that hard, although it encompasses some of the mandatory policies to be adhered to. In most cases, these policies vary from one phone career to another.
The company offers you an unlocking code to shift from total wireless providers, and they unlock your phone from their services. However, it’s not all phones can be unlocked.
Prerequisites for Unlocking All Wireless Phones
- The locked phone must have been activated with Total Wireless services for not less than 12 months. Also, the phone must have redeemed air time cards in more than 12 months. Customer’s telephone number should not have been recycled earlier.
- Customers should seek a temporary unlocking solution while their service is active. You can request the unlocking solutions within 60 days of the expiration of the activated service days. The 60 day grace period usually applies if even the phone number was recycled.
- The handset in possession by the customer must be in proper working condition.
- Customers must have a phone that hasn’t reported stolen, lost, or linked to fraudulent conduct.
- The handset owned by the customer must be from the total wireless/Tracfone brand; it must have been launched on Total Wireless’s service in the period after 11th February 2014. It also can activate with Total Wireless’s service after 11th February 2015.
- Customers must request for unlocking of the handset. The company will offer to unlock the handset of any current or former Total Wireless customers for free. Any customer who is not a member of Total Wireless will have to pay a certain fee to unlock their phone.
- Unlocking any handset by the customer is only allowed once every twelve months.
- If a deployed military member requests handset unlocking, Total Wireless will honor that request by providing a reimbursement for the Trade-in Value of the used, locked phone that the customer returns, regardless of the customer’s eligibility for 12 months of service activation or air card redemption. Customers who are serving in the military, on the other hand, must meet all other eligibility requirements.
Read More: How To Wipe iPhone Without Passcode?
How To Know If The Total Wireless Phone Is Unlocked?
Many individuals have found it difficult to check whether their Total Wireless phones are locked or unlocked. Confirming the state of your phone is very critical, especially to those purchasing a second-hand phone. We listed some of the cheapest ways to know if your phone is locked or unlocked to make things easier for you.
- The first step is to ensure you switch off your phone.
- Remove the current SIM carrier from the phone.
- Insert another SIM carrier in the phone and switch on the phone.
- You will have to see the name of your newly inserted SIM carrier on the top part of the phone’s screen.
- On your phone, dial a number using the current SIM.
If the call can go through, the phone is unlocked. Still, if the call cannot go through, it shows that your phone is locked to the currently inserted SIM carrier hence only Total Wireless service is available to the available.
How To Unlock a Total Wireless Phone?
- First, ensure you meet all the requirements listed above. To see whether you are eligible to unlock your phone, you can consider visiting https://www.tfwunlockpolicy.com. You can key in your phone number or the serial number and click the “verify eligibility” button at the bottom. You can also check eligibility by calling 1-888-442-5102.
- When you find that you are eligible for unlocking the phone, request the unlocking. The request can be forwarded to Total Wireless support through a call via 1-866-663-3633. This calling desk operates seven days a week from 8 AM – 11:45 PM (EST), seven days a week.
- The support system gives the unlocking code after approving your request. You enter the code on the phone to unlock it. The Total Wireless support system will provide varying instructions depending on the phone carrier.
Once the process goes through, you will be able to use your phone with any carrier compatible with your phone. Make sure to consult the carrier first on compatibility issues before buying their services.
Unfortunately, some people meet all the above criteria, and the phone fails to be unlocked. However, you are supposed to because there is a way out of that. First, request the trade-in value of the handset from Total Wireless. Once you submit the trade-in request to their desk, they will offer you a prepaid mailer to hand over the locked phone.
FCC agrees on the formula valuing the value of the trade-in. A client who qualifies can choose to have their trade-in value applied to the cost of a new Total Wireless handset that could be unlocked.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Unlocked phones are not available from Total Wireless. By default, all of their gadgets are locked. But you can unlock the total wireless phone if you follow the instruction above (as per their unlocking policy, which we have explained above).
If you plan to use your current phone with the Total Wireless services, make sure it’s compatible with their SIM cards. There are online tools that facilitate checking compatibility by Total Wireless services.
Switching off the phone carrier is desirable to customers who value flexibility. Therefore, the process has been made available, and easy to unlock any locked phone. In addition, any Total Wireless customers who meet the minimum requirements listed above will enjoy free service unlocking the phone.