If you are an Xfinity user, whether or not you are a TV fanatic, your bill probably comes with additional annoying charges that you hadn’t been expecting. In most cases, these charges are brought about by programming costs.
Xfinity broadcast TV fee is one of the costs that increase the charges on your bill. It includes charges from your local broadcast and channel stations and may prove to shoot your bill high. Read on to learn how to get rid of this fee in this article.
Xfinity broadcast TV Packages
First things first, before you subscribe to any of Xfinity’s plans, it is important to carefully go through their TV’s list of fees. These are the small charges that amount your bill into a mountain.
It is probably one of the reasons why you end up paying for services you don’t even use.
Here is what some of their TV fees look like;
- Xfinity first TV box for a monthly fee of $5.00
- Additional TV box for $9.95 per month.
- HD technology fee for $10.00/ month.
- DVR fees starting at $5.00 all the way up to $15.00 per month.
- Regional sports fee for up to $14.45/ month.
- Xfinity Broadcast TV fee for up to $19.45/ month.
These “hidden” additional costs could be misleading, especially considering that customers only make their decisions based on the advertised fee. Unless you read the fine print you can also fall into this trap.
What Fee Does Xfinity Broadcast Charge
With all honesty, most customers feel like the broadcast fee is for nothing! This fee is not imposed by the local or federal government for taxes, and might just be another way for cable companies to squeeze out more cash from you.
The major alleged reason for being charged the fee is that you are given access to all local channels. Some of the channels that broadcast network programs provide include CBS, ABC, and NBC. And the worst part is that the broadcast TV fee keeps going up every now and then.
Best Ways To Avoid Xfinity Broadcast TV Fee
Like many other companies, Xfinity bases their prices on reasons only known to them and there really isn’t an office you can raise complaints about them to, on their charges. They are an independent company and they set its terms and conditions as they see fit for itself and its customers.
Unfortunately, this means getting rid of a single service like their broadcast charges could be very hard. One of the ways to do this is to cancel all their TV services and change companies or better still, try to negotiate a better price for the fee.
Contact Xfinity Customer Support Desk
The first contact between you and the company is the customer service department and it should be your first stop.
Here is the simple process:
- Call them on their customer support number provided on their customer support page on their website.
- Once you get through to one of the agents, make your intentions known. Tell them you want to cancel their services.
- If you are looking to get some credit, don’t outright tell them you are not happy and satisfied with their Xfinity broadcast TV fee. If you do, you will also get an outright response and they will tell you that is beyond their control.
- You can instead tell them you want to cancel because you found another service with better charges. Don’t be too worked up about it. Speak to them in a friendly manner to keep the whole conversation calm and easy.
- You also need to be patient as they might keep your call on hold and try to find a better solution for you. It will also give you a chance to negotiate. According to multiple customers, the best solution the customer service agents would give is credit, especially for subscribers who have been their loyal customers for a long time. This means if you are new, there is a very slim chance you will get the privilege.
- If they decide to lower your bill, you are still the one with the final say. You can take it or decide to leave it. Just tell them you are still not comfortable paying the bill. After that, you can expect your service to be canceled.
Use third-party Service To Avoid Xfinity TV Fee
There are many TV service providers in the market and there will always be something for everyone.
Another alternative is to contact third-party companies for assistance to get rid of your Xfinity broadcast TV fee.
Here is what you can expect:
- The first thing is to reach out to a third-party company to contact Xfinity and do the negotiations for you.
- They then try to bargain for you (it is their job they do it every day and do it very well)
- you also need to keep in mind that you will pay them whether or not they succeed.
If the above two ways don’t get your service prices lowered, then there is no other way to get rid of the Xfinity broadcast TV fee. However, there are multiple other service companies you can use as alternatives to Xfinity.
All you need to do is figure out what your needs are and how much you are willing to pay for your TV services. Cost is definitely the number one factor to put into consideration. A common mistake a lot of people make while choosing a subscription for TV services is not to look beyond and into detail the advertised prices.
Usually, on the outside, it always seems like a lucrative deal. But after you get that first bill is when reality hits you. It is therefore important to focus on the details rather than the huge price tag on the outside.
The only way to ensure you get the service you deserve and that you pay for is by being keen on every single, even the seemingly tiny details beforehand. You want to be sure to understand how the services work and determine if you are comfortable with what you are charged.
Otherwise, if you are already a member and want to get rid of the Xfinity broadcast TV fee and other additional fees, the only option is to spark a bargain, either by yourself or via any trusted third-party companies, or opt out and seek other alternatives.
You Might Also Like
- Xfinity Box Says Boot Error, How To Fix
- Best Xfinity TV Packages, Plan & Price
- How To Use Xfinity WiFi Hotspots