One way of reaching out to someone is through their phone number. With the number, you can access or communicate with friends or anyone who has the number. Most people get used to their phone numbers such that they always carry them with them while changing the carrier.
Though this is the case, you could wish to change your number occasionally. Luckily the process is straightforward and much easier. If you want to change your Verizon phone number, you have come to the right place. You will learn how it’s done seamlessly. Now let’s get started.
How to Change Your Verizon Phone Number
The fastest and best way to change your Verizon phone number is through your Verizon account. From there, you can choose the device you want to change your phone and mobile number. Then finish the steps provided to finalize the application. Now let’s look at how you will change your Verizon phone number in other ways.
Change Your Verizon Phone Number Through Verizon App
Verizon has an app that is called My Verizon. With this app, you can have the easiest way to follow and change your Verizon phone number. Since the app is on your phone, you will have the right solution in your palm since you will have to log in to the app and follow the given steps, and your number will change.
Note that you must have this app installed on your phone so that you can be able to follow the steps. The app is all in one to offer you the best Verizon experience like account changes, latest offers, switching to Verizon, and other tasks.
- If you do not have the app installed, go to the Google play store or App store to download the app and install it on your phone.
- On the app, open it and log in to your account and select the managed device.
- Then on the next screen, scroll until you see the preference menu. On the preferences, choice changes mobile phone.
- Then you will have to enter the zip code and select the number you want to change.
Then enter the data you will want the number to change. The process is much easier than you have seen since you will be logging into the app. You will not get any push authorization to do so that you can accomplish the process. Once you are done, it will take around 4 hours or more, so you have to wait for the changes to be effective.
How to Change Verizon Number Online
If using the My Verizon app is not the most effective method, you still have another way you can use. With this method, you will be able to need an internet connection and a web browser. However, the process here might seem similar; there are some steps you will have to do to change your Verizon phone number. Now let’s cover the steps involved in this method;
- Step 1: Go to Verizon’s official website and click the sign-in button. On the drop-down menu, click to sign in to my account.
- Step 2: On the sign-in page, provide your credentials and click the sign-in button. If you are new to Verizon and do not have an account, you will have to click the register link on the sign-in page to access the account page. Once you sign in successfully, you will be taken to the account page.
- Step 3: on the My Account page, choose the device men from the menu. And on the drop-down menu, select change mobile number.
- Step 4: here, you will have to select the device you want to manage by clicking change number.
Note that in this procedure, the only people allowed to perform step 4 are the account managers and account owners.
- Step 5: here, you will have to choose if you want to change to a new number or transfer it to an existing number from different carriers or landlines. So make your selection and click the continue button.
- Step 6: This step you need to do is for the security of the account to ascertain that you are the one doing the process. Here you will have to complete the authorization step required before you continue. You will have to select the device where a code can be sent to authenticate or authorize the process and click the send code button.
Enter the code sent to your device and then click confirm to continue.
- Step 7: Here, if you want to have a new number, then enter your zip code or enter a city or state. Then also, you will have to select the six numbers of your new mobile number. Also, you will be required to indicate the date you want to change the phone number and then click the continue button.
If you selected to transfer to an existing number in step 5, you would have to enter the phone number you want to change and then use the check eligibility button to confirm if the number is eligible.
When your number is eligible, you will get a message, and you will be able to see a confirm button, so click continue to go to the next step.
Now you will have to enter the owner’s name, phone number, billing address, city, state, account pin, zip code, and account carrier original number. Then check the check box to accept the terms and conditions and click the continue button.
- Step 8: Here, you must confirm if the information you provided is correct. Be keen here because once you apply with errors, you will not get a chance to edit the information after applying. Once you have proved that the information you provided is correct, apply, and you will have finished the process successfully.
Upon successful application submission, you will get a confirmation and instructions to follow to activate the phone number. Still, the instruction may differ depending on whether you selected to change to a new number or transfer to an existing one.
Tips on How to Change Verizon Phone Number
- The two methods covered here are commonly used and are very easy. However, if you get any challenge or problem in accomplishing any of them, then a reliable way to do it is to get assistance. Note that everyone can assist you in doing this, so to be on the safe side, if you experience any problem, you will have to reach the Verizon support personnel; they will assist you and make sure you have to change your Verizon Number.
- Note that the process can take a few hours for the changes to take effect. However, if you do the process successfully and after 24 hours you did not receive any confirmation or change, then maybe there is a problem. Therefore you can reach the support team to assist you in identifying and resolving an issue with your new Verizon phone number.
- Also, before changing your Verizon number, make sure you sync or store your contact list. If your phone memory can hold them, put a copy of your contact list from your sim line into the phone. You can also save the contact somewhere else like a cloud or use any app to help you do that. Here, do not trust your memory because once it gets wiped, you will lose the contacts.
- After changing your Verizon number, do not forget to update the key services linked to your old number. Examples of these services include; banks, healthcare, emergency services, couriers, and many others.
As you have seen, the whole process of changing the Verizon phone number is straightforward. Additionally, the changing process through both two methods is free. Therefore you have all the tips and ways you can use to change your Verizon phone number in terms of minutes. All the best as you use any methods and change your Verizon phone number.
Most Related Articles
- How to Unlock Verizon Phone for Free
- T-Mobile vs. Verizon, Best Deals
- Verizon Cellular Data Not Working; How to Fix it
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
This might be due to the line changing, and maybe the network setting does not correspond to the number you have changed. To solve the problem, you can restart your mobile phone or go to the network setting and reset the setting; once either of the two processes has finished, your phone will be able to work again correctly.
It will take 4 to 24 hours for your Verizon phone number to change. During this period, your old number will be operational until it is changed to the new number. However, in some cases, contacts will not be able to make a call to you during this time.
The chances of losing the contacts are very low; however, the people you contact will not know what new number you have; unless you notify them, they will not be able to reach you. Also, it is recommended that you not take risks but backup your contacts in your phone memory or other external places so that even if something happens in the process and you lose your contact list, you can access them.