Currently, many people are finding ways on how the Covid -19 can be managed. Due to the pandemic, there are some ways that are devised to manage the situation, and one of the options is to stay at home or isolated to prevent the spread of the virus. This decision led to the requirement of internet or connectivity for everyone. The worse thing about this decision is that millions of people worldwide come from low-income families, and affording internet connectivity is like a dream that can’t be achieved.
Luckily, there is a Comcast service provider, which helps people to get an internet connection at a fairly low amount. This internet assures people to do their daily routine activities like communicating with family members attending classes, doing their work at home, and many other activities. Comcast has an essential internet program for low-income individuals in the US. Comcast’s $9.99 internet for low-income families is one of the Xfinity package deals that you can get from this internet program. Now let’s look at length at what this deal is and what it entails.
What is Comcast’s $9.99 Internet for Low-income Families
Comcast’s $9.99 internet for low-income families is one of the deals provided as an internet package to low-income families, people with disabilities, and senior citizens in a given area. Through this package, millions of people can also access the internet connection at a low cost of $9.99 per month. This internet package is available via the essential internet program, and if you are eligible, you can apply for the internet service.
What is an Internet Essential Program
Internet essentials program is one of the Comcast programs introduced by Comcast some years back, and the main aim was to offer internet services to the children for free or at home so that they can do their studies effectively.
Since this company introduced the program, it has expanded, and nowadays, there are packages for low-income individuals or even senior individuals in the government. Though the program was not popular since the Corona pandemic, internet access became mandatory. Since most individuals come from low-income families, they have to switch to this program to get connected to the internet at a low cost.
How do You Apply for Comcast’s $9.99 Internet for Low income
To apply for Xfinity internet, you will need to be enrolled in the internet essentials program so that you can proceed with the other steps. Here are the steps that you will have to follow to make the application:
1) Checking eligibility
Before you continue to the application process for the package, you have to check if you qualify or not. Here are some of the requirements that you need to meet to go ahead and make the application.
- You must be a member of one government assistance program; if you are not, one of your family members must be a member to qualify. Some of the programs you have to qualify for include; housing assistant, Medicaid, federal Pell grant, national school lunch program, and others.
- You must come from there, covered by the Comcast internet services.
- Anyone who has not paid for their Comcast internet services for the past 90 days but you will need approval.
- Households who still owe money to Comcast.
- Step 1: Go to the Xfinity official page of the essential internet program. Click apply now button.
- Step 2: Type in your address and click the continue button.
- Step 3: You will be required to enter your first name, last name, email, phone number and click the next button.
- Step 4: On the next page, you will have to provide the data of birth and security number, but if you do not have the social security number or you do not want to share it, then use the alternative ID verification and click next.
- Step 5: You can provide more information if it applies to you, and then clicks Next.
- Step 6: The next page shows you that you will receive two months of internet access free of charge; on this page, click next.
- Step 7: Now, you will have to verify your eligibility. First, you will have to confirm any children in your home and click next.
- Step 8: If you choose yes from the step above, you will have to select all the schools that apply to the children and then click next.
- Step 9: You will have to provide the scroll’s name and click next on the next page.
- Step 10: On the next displayed page, you will have to select the assistant program you are a member of or one of your family members is a beneficiary and click next.
- Step 11: Next page, you have to select who receives Medicaid benefits in your household and click next.
- Step 12: You will have to indicate any family member in the given groups and then click next.
- Step 13: If on step 4 you had selected alternative ID verification, then this is the step that you will provide the verification information.
- Step 14: once you have finished and submitted the form in step 13, next, you will see the congratulation page. At the end of the page, you will have to check the two boxes to agree to the terms and conditions and click confirm.
After successfully applying, you will have to wait for your application to be processed so that you can start using Comcast’s $9.99 Internet for Low-income Families.
3) Getting approved
Once you complete your application, your application can take from 5 to 7 days to get approved. And once you are approved, you will follow the guidelines provided for you to set up and start using the internet services.
The benefits of Comcast’s $9.99 Internet for Low-income Families
You can get several benefits from Comcast’s $9.99 Internet for Low-income Families. Some of these benefits include:
- The program has helped low-level classes get internet connectivity at a lower price.
- Millions of people are connected to the internet, and they are experiencing their digital world although they are from low-income families. The employees who work at home can accomplish their tasks effectively. The student can do distance learning most effectively. Everyone from the low-lass individual can access any service that requires internet connectivity.
- It has reduced the digital gap between the rich and low-income households, promoting equality.
The bottom line
This brings us to the end of this post. You now know what the Comcast $9.99 Internet is and how to get it. The package comes with many benefits that you will gain from it. First, the Xfinity internet plan entails two months of free internet connectivity, and after that, you will have to pay $9.99 for the internet services monthly. If you are qualified, the process of applying for the services is straightforward; you can follow the steps above and complete the application so you can start using your internet.
You Might Also Like
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Who Can Get Comcast’s $9.99 Internet For Low-Income Families Plan?
The people who can get and enjoy this package are the ones that come from low-income households, and they must be a member of at least one federal government assistance program.
Does Xfinity Give Free Internet?
In their internet essentials program, they offer free internet to the new user for the first 60 days, and then after two months, you will have to pay for the services though at a lower price.