McDonald’s is a pioneer when it comes to free WiFi connectivity for its patrons. Its network is branded as McDonald’s WiFi. In most cases, the McDonalds outlet is equipped with free WiFi. However, there is confusion regarding Mcdonald’s free WiFi login.
Today, we will help you understand how to connect to McDonald’s WiFi. Not only that, but we will also help you know how to find McDonald’s outlets that have WiFi connectivity.
- How to Find If a McDonalds Outlet Offers Free WiFi?
- How to Connect to McDonald’s WiFi Now Using an iPhone?
- How to Connect to McDonalds WiFi Now Using an Android Phone?
- How to Connect to McDonalds WiFi Now Using a PC?
- How to Connect to McDonald’s WiFi Now Using Mac?
- Does McDonalds WiFi Have Any Restrictions?
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How to Find If a McDonalds Outlet Offers Free WiFi?
The first thing you need to do is find out if the McDonalds outlet you are visiting has free WiFi. Even though Mcdonald’s has been offering free WiFi since 2010 for customers satisfaction, only 11,500 out of the 14,000 outlets offer unlimited WiFi. The good news, however, is that even before visiting the outlet, you can know whether an outlet offers a Free WiFi network or not.
All you need to do is to search for “McDonald’s restaurant locator” in Google. Once you do that, you will get the page that lists the outlets near you. You can easily filter the outlet near you, which offers WiFi hotspots. In a nutshell, you will know right away which outlets offer WiFi connectivity and which ones do not.
Once you are sure that the outlet to which you are heading has free WiFi, then connecting to McDonald’s WiFi will not be an issue. We will share with you how to do so using various devices.
How to Connect to McDonald’s WiFi Now Using an iPhone?
We will 1st and foremost, highlight how to connect to McDonald’s WiFi now using an iPhone.
- You have to open the Settings app. The gear icon can open the settings app on the home screen.
- After that, you have to move the slider beside the WiFi icon to turn it ON.
- Once you do so, the device will search for the available networks. In that network list, you will see McDonald’s free WiFi or a network by a similar name.
- You have to search for a network that does not have a lock beside it. The network which does not have the lock beside it is the one that is open for connection. You have to tap on that network.
- After doing so, open the mobile browser. The mobile browser will open the McDonalds free WiFi landing page.
- You have to click on the “Get Connected” button. Once you do so, you can browse the websites which you want.
Buy a snack from near McDonald restaurant and enjoy the snack with unlimited free wifi. connecting to McDonald’s WiFi is easier than ever. It won’t take you more than a few minutes if you’re using an iPhone.
How to Connect to McDonalds WiFi Now Using an Android Phone?
The procedure to connect to McDonald’s WiFi is equally easy if you’re using your android phone.
- You have to first and foremost open the settings tab.
- After that, you have to go to the network connections and tap the WiFi option. That will activate the WiFi option.
- Once you do so, the list of the available networks will be visible.
- You have to, after that, look for a network name that is similar to McDonalds free WiFi. Once again, you have to click on the network, which does not have a lock symbol near it.
- Once you connect to that network, you have to visit your mobile browser. Doing so will open the McDonalds WiFi landing page.
- After that, you have to click the “Get connected” button.
- Once the page loads after clicking the button, you are free to use the internet.
The procedure is equally simple for android phones as well. Did you know that you can connect MacBook as well as your laptop to McDonald’s free WiFi? The procedure to do so is highlighted below.
How to Connect to McDonalds WiFi Now Using a PC?
The procedure to connect McDonald’s WiFi is slightly different if you’re using a PC. That is because of the difference in the WiFi icon positioning in PC and Mac.
- Click on the WiFi icon, available at the bottom right corner of your Windows taskbar.
- Doing so opens up the list of networks that are available for connection.
- You have to select the network which is synonymous with McDonald’s free WiFi. There might be a slight variation of the name depending on the McDonalds outlet in which you are.
- You will get the connect option. After that, loading will take place, and the status will change to Connected.
- Once the status has changed to connected; a browser window will open up. It will load the McDonalds free WiFi landing page.
- After the page’s loading is complete; you have to click on the “Get Connected” button.
- Clicking the button will reload the page. Once the reloading is complete, you will be connected to the internet.
The procedure to connect to McDonald’s WiFi now using a PC is similar to connecting with any other WiFi network.
Read Also: How To Get Free WiFi Anywhere You Go?
How to Connect to McDonald’s WiFi Now Using Mac?
If you’re using Mac, you can follow the steps below:
- Click on the WiFi icon. It is in the status menu bar on the top.
- You can view the networks which are available once you do so. You have to select the network which is named McDonalds free WiFi or any variation of the same.
- After that, you have to open your browser.
- Once you open the browser, the McDonalds free WiFi landing page will open up. It will display the “Get connected” button. You have to click that button.
- Once the page loads, you will be connected to the internet and browse the websites you want.
If you went through the procedure to connect to McDonald’s WiFi now using an iPhone or Android phone, you would realize that the procedure is similar to mac. McDonald’s tries to keep the procedure as simple as possible so that everyone can connect to the web using their free WiFi network.
Irrespective of the device you are using, a simple click on the “Get Connected” button on the McDonald free WiFi landing page will connect you to the internet. Not only that, if you want to confirm your connectivity, you can check the page which has loaded after clicking the button.
It should display something like; you’re connected to McDonald’s WiFi. If it shows that message, you have completed the procedure in the right way and now can start browsing. We understand that you might have quite a few questions regarding McDonald’s WiFi network. We will try to answer them below to browse using McDonald’s WiFi network without any worry.
Does McDonalds WiFi Have Any Restrictions?
The answer is yes. If you attempt to visit pornographic or adult websites, you will get a message that browsing such websites is not allowed. Illegal websites are banned, as well. Other than that, if you’re browsing regular day-to-day websites, you can do so without any worry.
You can view youtube, social media feeds, emails, and even your work websites without any worry. As long as you’re using McDonald’s WiFi for normal day-to-day browsing, you should not have any issues. By now, you have the question, how fast is McDonald’s WiFi? We will answer that below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
If you’re planning to use McDonald’s WiFi for browsing and remaining connected, our guide above can certainly help you out. With our detailed instructions, connecting to McDonald’s WiFi from any device will be easier than ever. Now you can easily utilize this free connectivity option provided by McDonald’s without getting caught up in the procedure to connect.