With the Internet becoming a necessity, it is nowadays needed by every individual and family. The problem is that not every household can pay upwards of $80 per month for Internet connectivity. That is why, even though it is a necessity, not many low-income households can get an Internet connection.
However, there are a few companies that provide Internet to low-income families. Today, we will speak about one such Internet plan. It goes by the name of Frontier low-income Internet. We will go into the details of this Internet program to help you understand what it exactly is and has on offer.
What is Frontier Lifeline Program
Frontier low-income Internet program offers a single plan to low-income households. The cost of this plan is nominal as well. That is why even low-income families are able to enjoy the Internet without paying a lot of money. It goes by the name of the fundamental Internet as well. It means that when you’re getting the fundamental Internet plan, you will be able to get the plan at a nominal cost.
Since Frontier operates in many different states, it is easy for you to get access to such a low-income Internet plan as well. Before we go into the plan’s details, it is important to find out who can qualify for this plan.
Who Qualifies for Frontier Low-income Internet
There are essentially 4 different ways to qualify for this low-income Internet plan. We will highlight these 4 ways to qualify below.
- If anyone in the family is part of the US supplemental nutrition assistance program, that household can gain this Frontier low-income Internet plan.
- Similarly, if anyone in the home is part of the supplement Security income benefit, that household can get this Internet plan once again.
- If your home is on the list of Medi-Cal programs, you can access this Internet program.
- If any member of your family is part of the Bureau of Indian affairs program or a recipient of it, you can again gain this plan.
When you compare this with the qualification criteria for the other low-income Internet plans, you will find that this is a pretty liberal criterion. That is why, if you truly belong to the low-income category, you will be able to opt for this plan quite easily.
Not only that, the liberal criteria mean that you will not have to jump through the hoops as well to get internet access through this program. It is now time to understand what exactly this program has on offer. We will highlight the same below.
Frontier Fundamental Internet Plan
The features of Frontier’s fundamental Internet include:
- You get a download speed of 12 Mbps.
- The upload speed is one Mbps.
- With virtually no bandwidth limit, you can certainly enjoy complete Internet access. It means that you will be able to use it for video conferencing, educational needs, and gaming.
- The monthly cost of the plan is just $14.99 per month.
- Additionally, if you need Wi-Fi and if you want to connect multiple devices, you will have to shell out $5 per month extra.
As You Can See, The Speed And Bandwidth That Frontier Low-Income Internet Provides You With Are Such That You Won’t Have Any Complaints. That Is Why; It Is An Excellent Plan If You Qualify For It.
Frontier Low-income Internet Review
The cost of this plan is just $14.99 per month. However, if you need Wi-Fi and an Internet connection, it will cost you $5 per month extra. The cost comes to $19.99 per month. The advantage is that once you get Wi-Fi connectivity, you can easily connect to various other devices. Now that you are aware of the cost and what it has on offer, it is essential to look at the features of this Frontier fundamental Internet program.
The features which you need to be aware of include:
1) Versatile Connection
Frontier Internet has designed the program so that it is suitable for a variety of applications. It can help you use the Internet connection for various applications like:
- Education: If you have children at your home, it is easy for them to use this Internet connection for attending classes, submitting assignments, viewing grades, communicating with teachers, and so on. It means that it caters to all educational needs.
- Work needs: Work from home is becoming the norm. Due to the same, Internet connectivity in your household is also becoming important. This plan by Frontier low-income Internet will allow you to work from home easily. You can browse through the job listings and apply for them. Not only that, you can take part in virtual meetings, video conferencing, and so on. Whether you want to submit reports, conduct presentations, or speak with your colleagues, you can do all of that and more with the help of this plan.
- Home use: At home as well, family and friends might use this Internet plan for streaming. Since you do not have to worry about bandwidth, you will use it for streaming easily. If you’re paying for the router, you can connect multiple devices as well. The ability to connect multiple devices ensures that a single plan is suitable for everyone in the household.
As you can see, Frontier’s low-income Internet has been designed in such a way that it can serve multiple purposes. That is why, once you get this plan, you will not have to worry about buying any other Internet plan.
2) Excellent Security
The router that this plan provides you have been configured with proper safety protocols. It means that for whichever purpose you’re using this Internet connection, you have complete security. During the installation as well, the company will follow all the safety procedures. Just because you’re getting it at an affordable rate does not mean that the plan is not safe. With all the safety features on offer, you will not have to worry about any interception or data risk.
3) Free Installation
The problem with other low-income Internet plans is that you might have to shell out extra money for the installation. The problem with this is that in the end, you might end up paying much more. When going with Frontier’s fundamental Internet plan, you will not have to worry about any additional costs.
You have to only pay $19.99 per month along with the router. However, you will not have to pay for the installation. The installation is entirely free. Irrespective of where you live in the state, you will enjoy this plan without any worry.
4) 24/7 Support Available
Low-income households might not have the proper knowledge to use the Internet. They might face some or another problem always. If they call a technician, they will have to spend money. Not always, their family and friends will be at hand to help them out as well.
The question is, how to solve your problem then? The advantage of Frontier low-income Internet plan is that it offers 24/7 support on its website. You can access their website from your smartphone as well.
With the help of live chat support and phone support, it becomes really easy for you to solve your problem as well. It means that if you’re new to using the Internet, technical support can certainly come to your rescue at any hour of the day.
5) No Extra Taxes
Many plans might have a pretty low basic cost. However, when you add up the taxes, the cost of the plan increases significantly. The Frontier low-income Internet plan includes all the taxes as well. It means that whether you want to go with the basic plan of $14.99 or with the router, the cost will be $19.99. You will not have to worry about paying anything extra in taxes. It means that the plan is highly affordable.
Frontier Lifeline Program Online Application Process
Not always, it is a feasible solution to go to the office or the store of Frontier Internet to apply for this program. The good news is that Frontier offers you an online application process.
- You can visit the website URL: https://frontier.com/fundamental-internet
- Once you visit this URL, you will get every piece of information about this program.
- Not only that, you will get access to live chat support as well.
- There is a button to apply for the program as well.
- The completely online application process can make your life easier as well.
- With all these features on offer, you cannot go wrong with this program.
It is not only affordable but easy to avail as well. We will now answer some FAQs related to this program. Once you go through the answers to FAQ, you can decide on this program.
In a nutshell, Frontier low-income Internet program known as Frontier fundamental Internet is certainly very affordable. Not only that, it has so many different features on offer that if you qualify for it, you should go with it. Along with that, the fact that it offers decent speeds means that you will have no reason to complain if you decide to go ahead with this program.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How much is the Frontier installation fee?
Frontier low-income Internet program does not charge you any installation fee. While Frontier might charge the installation fee for other plans but it does not for this one.
How do I lower my Frontier Internet bill?
If you’re from a low-income also, it is good to go with Frontier fundamental Internet program. That will cost you just $19.9 in dollars per month. If you’re already a Frontier customer, you can negotiate with customer care and provide you with a temporary or permanent discount.
Does Frontier offer any discounts?
Occasionally, Frontier does offer discounts as well. However, even when there isn’t an active discount, you can negotiate with customer care for a better rate.
Is there a contract with Frontier Internet?
You will not have to enter any contract to get this Frontier Internet program. However, Frontier guarantees that for the next 2 years, they will provide you with an Internet connection under the fundamental Internet program. However, after 2 years, they will make you go through the recertification process. If you still abide by the guidelines, you will be able to continue with the Frontier low-income Internet plan.
Is Frontier going out of business?
No, Frontier isn’t going out of business. It is getting new and new subscribers due to its innovative and affordable plans.
Is Frontier Internet any good?
Yes, Frontier Internet plans are certainly good enough. Especially when you consider the Frontier low-income Internet plan, you will realize that this plan is almost unparalleled. The same is because many other companies start with the low basic cost, but once you add the taxes and other charges, the cost increases significantly. The same is not the case with Frontier low-income Internet plan.
Can you watch Netflix with Frontier Internet?
Yes, using Frontier low-income Internet plan, you can certainly watch Netflix. However, you might not get HD quality. You have to keep this factor in mind when you’re going with this plan.
Do you need a good credit score to apply for this program?
Frontier does not have any specific requirement for credit score. However, it doesn’t take a credit check. In case your credit score is below a certain threshold, you might have to make a certain deposit. However, you need to understand that it is very rare that Frontier asks you to put up a deposit for the Frontier low-income Internet program. Nevertheless, you need to be aware of this before you opt for the plan.
Do you require a technician to activate this program?
In most cases, you will not require a technician to activate this program. However, once you get approved for this program, you can speak with the customer care of Frontier Internet. Frontier Internet will be able to take a final call whether you need a technician to activate this program or not. Since the installation is free, you need not worry about spending a lot of money to activate this program either. Now that we have resolved every one of your queries regarding the Frontier low-income Internet program, hopefully, you will make a better decision.
How Fast Is Frontier Internet?
The Frontier fundamental Internet program we are speaking about now offers 12 Mbps for download. For uploads, you get a speed of 1 Mbps.