Pay-as-you-go mobile plans are some of the most affordable plans which you can opt for. However, when looking for a mobile carrier, you will find that quite a few carriers are offering the same.
Today, we will highlight the pay as you go plan by one such carrier. We are speaking about one of the largest carriers, which goes by the name of T-Mobile.
Not only will we highlight the mobile pay-as-you-go plan but also compare it with the competition. At the end of this detailed article, we will also let you know which carrier offers the best pay-as-you-go plan.
T-Mobile Pay As You Go Plan
The USP of the Mobile pay-as-you-go plan is that you will have to recharge for $3. It is the minimum threshold. Due to the same, you will not have to spend a lot of money. In this, you will get 30 minutes of talk time. You get the facility to send 30 messages as well.
The best thing about this plan is that the expiry is as long as 30 days. Due to the same, if you’re not using your calling minutes or messages, you won’t have to worry about expiry.
One thing, however, is that it can either be 30 minutes of voice or 30 minutes of text. Also, if you’re using the combination of 2, the total credits which you will get is 30. For every additional minute of call, you will be spending $0.10.
The plan in itself does not include any data. However, you can easily buy a data plan along with your current plan, if you want to do so. It will cost you $5 for 500 MB of data. The data plan is, however, valid for only a single day. Only when you’re sure that you will use the data on that particular day can you go ahead.
If you want a bigger data pass, you can shell out $10 for 1 GB of data. The 1 GB of data will last for one week. The data which you get is 5G. That is why you can get the appropriate speed without any worry.
If you want to get a new phone, you can certainly do so with this plan as well. The company provides financing. You will have to pay the cost of the smartphone over the next 12 months. It means that if you want to change the handset, that is possible with this plan.
When you look at the T Mobile pay-as-you-go (prepaid plan), you will notice that the plan’s threshold is pretty low. Moreover, there are quite a few other features as well which this plan has on offer. We will highlight these features below;
T-Mobile Pay As You Go Plan Features
While these features might seem pretty basic but you need to look at the pay-as-you-go plans on offer by other carriers. Once you do, you will understand that these features by T-Mobile are a welcome addition. You will not get these features in any other carrier offering a similar plan. Hence, they are the highlights of T-Mobile.
- Call Forwarding: The 1st feature which sets it apart is that it offers call forwarding. That is why, if you’re getting the pay-as-you-go plan only as a temporary measure, you can easily forward audio calls later on. You need not shell out money for the same. Since you will forward the call to any number, it is effortless for you to continue using that number and get calls on that number.
- Caller ID: Want to set the caller ID for your number? If so, you can do that as well. It is one of the very rare plans which offers you the same. The other plans which offer this feature have a higher threshold or are very expensive ones. It is one of the most affordable plans and the features it offers are unparalleled.
- Call Waiting: The call waiting feature means that you will not have to worry about missing out on any calls. The call waiting feature will alert you to the same. After that, you have to decide the call you want to give priority. This might seem like a pretty small feature but it is quite useful.
- Conference Calling: The call waiting for feature’s functionality increases even more due to the feature we are highlighting now. With the help of conference calling, it is not always necessary to prioritize calls. You can simply merge calls as well. When you merge cells, you will be able to speak with both the callers simultaneously. It means that communication will become a breeze. The single-click conference calling features certainly makes it easier for you to use this plan.
- Supports Over 70 Phones: As we stated above, the mobile offers you quite a few phones with financing options as well. The plan is supported on a variety of smartphones. These phones include quite a few renowned names like Samsung Galaxy S5, Galaxy G-7, iPhone, OnePlus 7T, and so on. The advantage of such a large inventory of phones is that you can easily get the handset you prefer. The financing option makes it easy for you to get the handset that you want. The large compatibility of smartphones means that you are not tied to a particular handset. These features certainly make the mobile pay-as-you-go plan a good choice. We will now be compatible with various other pay-as-you-go plans to help you understand where it stands.
T-Mobile Pay As You Go Plan Comparison with Others
While there are quite a few carriers offering pay-as-you-go plans, we will compare some of the best ones with T Mobile. Not only that, we will share our verdict below the comparison.
1. PureTalk Prepaid Plan (Pay As You Go Plan)
PureTalk is another Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO). It offers unlimited 4G LTE data. Not only that, it offers unlimited talk and text as well. The U.S-based customer service means that you can get help readily if you are facing any problem.
The network in the back is AT&T. Due to the same, the network coverage you get is excellent. If you’re paying for three months in advance, you can get 25% off.
When it comes to handset options, you will find that most of the well-known handsets are available. However, not all are available. Consequently, the handset options are limited.
The disadvantage, however, is that at&t customers will get priority over puretalk. Other than that, it is a good plan if you’re looking for unlimited data.
2. Twigby Cell Phone Plan (Pay As You Go)
There are a few plans suitable for a particular age group or demographic. The plan by Twigby is specifically designed for seniors. The specifications of the plan are designed accordingly.
Firstly, the operator is a mobile virtual network operator. That is why it does not have its own network. It uses the network by Verizon and Sprint. The hybrid mechanism means that the reliability is higher than other virtual operators.
The 4G LTE coverage means that the data speeds you get are excellent. Not only that, it does not make you pay any hotspot charges either.
In this plan, you will get a tour of the city. Along with that, you will get unlimited calling and texting. All this would merely be $10 per month if you’re willing to pay for six months. You get a voicemail facility as well.
There are a few other features as well like:
- Call waiting
- Call forwarding
- Three-way calling
- And so on
With the help of Wi-Fi calling and texting, it is easy for you to get excellent call quality when you’re indoors.
The disadvantage is that the option of handsets is limited. Not only that, the data is limited as well. Thus, if you’re looking for a limited pay-as-you-go plan, this is a reliable one.
3. Mint Mobile Unlimited Plan (Pay As You Go Plan)
Mint Mobile also has a pay-as-you-go plan. The plan offers you 4 GB 4G LTE data. Along with that, you get unlimited texting and calling as well. The cost of the plan is $15 per month. That is possible only when you pay three months in advance.
However, the downside of this plan is that you can avail of it only for a single line. Even if you want to add more lines, you will not be able to do so.
Mint mobile uses the network of t-mobile at the back end. So, the network quality is up to the mark. If you are going with the mobile virtual network provider offering the plan network, it is good to go directly with this plan. Nevertheless, this is an option as well.
4. Tello Pay As You Go Plan
Tello is another mobile virtual network provider. It uses the network of T mobile. This in itself is a disadvantage. If you choose any plan that uses T mobile on the back end, it is better to use the mobile directly.
The only advantage of this plan is that the threshold comes close to that of T Mobile. However, it is still higher than T Mobile.
The plan that it offers is $5 per month. It offers you 1GB of LTE data for the same. In this plan, you get unlimited calling minutes as well. It means that you can call as many phones as you want. In case you want to customize the plan, you can do so as well.
There is, however, a catch, for the 1st three months, you will be paying $5 per month. After that, you will be paying $10 per month. Consequently, it turns out to be more expensive than T-Mobile.
As you can see from the details above, there are quite a few pay as you go plans. However, the question which arises is, which one is better? We will answer that below.
Why Do We Recommend T-Mobile Pay As You Go Plan
One of the main advantages of T mobile is the low payment threshold. Besides that, it offers you a good amount of resources in the plan as well.
When you compare it with the other pay-as-you-go plans, T-Mobile has an advantage. Firstly, most other virtual network operators used T-Mobile or other networks on the back end. That is why you’re not on priority if you go with those plans. On the other hand, when going with T-Mobile, you get direct access to the network and prioritize.
Whichever parameter you compare the T-Mobile prepaid plan on, you will realize that T-Mobile comes out on top. That is why our verdict is undoubted that you should go with T-Mobile prepaid pay-as-you-go plan.
So, you are now aware of the T-Mobile pay as you go prepaid plan. With every detail which we have shared in the article and plans by competitors, you will know why T-Mobile has such an advantage.
If you’re ever in two minds regarding T-Mobile pay as you go plan, we will recommend you to go with them. The plan not only offers value for money but everything else you might look out for in such a plan.